Saturday 23 February 2013

(Day 24) Foreigner say what?!?!?--->1st visit to Haus Khaus


(Day 24) 23.02.13

I took the violet line to Central Secretariate and switch over to the Yellow Line and got off at Green Park metro station. From there, I went to Hauz Khaus Village and looked around at the shops there.  Ill give a brief evaluation of the place shop and my rickshaw experience.






I met up with some friends and we went to Boheme, a nice rooftop restaurant with a beautiful view. I was still full from a a heavy breakfast so I didn’t order much. 






My order (I didn't get a pic of the hummus)

However, I had one of the best banging cesar salads and hummas and pita bread. I was very satisfied. Portion wise, they could have made the salad a little bigger but my salad, hummus & pita, and a a nice drink that I think was mango or strawberry mocktail, plus Indian tax (12%) and tip probably equaled to about 16-18 dollars. I know right? Just that? It's not too bad. 

One of my friends orders. It was delicious
Additionally, the shops within Haus Khaus and definitely for foreigners who like a lot of vintage items and wish to spend a lot of cash. Although I did not take a picture of it; there was a stuffed elephant that looked like it might have been hand sown and the price tag total was about $30 USD. Sorry, but I wouldn’t by that. But I guess Indian’s would.






After looking at some of the shops, we explored what was near by and found some tomb like place that wasn’t famous to the point where people needed to pay to get in but young people went there to chill, explore, and take facebook photos lol.  The cheesiest fb photos smh.







Overall, my experience in Haus Khaus was a 3 out 5. I gave it a 3 mostly because of the food and the tomb place we saw. –2 because of the bad rickshaw experience in which our driver charged us double for our trip and because the shops were too expensive. I don’t blame them for trying to make money but I guess I was just disappointed that the shops just weren’t my type of place to shop.



So that was my experience. Peace be with you all.

I have so many posts to catch up on.

_______________________________________________________________________________
***CGinSL***

No comments:

Post a Comment