Friday 8 February 2013

Red Fort in Old Delhi visit (Day 9)


Today was another exhausting day but I thank God that I am alive to see a brand new day. I refreshed on my Hindi today and went to see the Red Fort. I took the crowded metro to see it. Once from Jasola Apollo station and then the yellow line train to Chandni Chowk. 

Now ladies, I do not remember if I mentioned this in my previous posts but depending on the size of the metro the first two or just first carts of the train are for women only. It is a safe way to travel. Speaking of traveling, I have taken a bicycle rickshaw for the past two days and I have noticed a specific guy who gave me a ride twice. I am hoping he will remember me so that maybe I will get a discounted price lol. Who knows? Ill keep you all posted.

I am really exhausted but this is partially due to the fact that I didn’t keep myself hydrated. Ladies and gents, this is a strong reminder from my throbbing head to keep hydrated wherever you go and especially when traveling!

Okay so I will briefly discuss the Red Fort experience.  Beautiful place, you get to learn about and look at beautiful historic Mughal architecture. There is a specific place which I thought looked like a courtroom from the Bollywood film Jodha Akbar and when as I thought about it, my friend Priyanka said it. It was funny but I didn’t mention this fact.

In addition to its beauty, there are nice shops that meet you as you head deeper into the fort. I personally didn’t go there to purchase things for fear that the items would 1) be sold at fixed price and/or 2) be marked 10x there ‘native value”. The items there ranged from jewelry to art both painted and crafts, so enjoy!

I forgot to remind you that before you go through security at the gate, you have to buy your ticket. In order to do this, look at the signs, go down a flight of stairs and pay the equivalent of 5 dollars. Compared to the .20 Indians pay, it will seem like too much but if you want to see it especially since you probably won’t get another chance, go for it!

I have lots of pictures from this trip but I really wish I could have visited Jama Masjid before it got dark. This is definitely a trip you should take in the morning so that around afternoon, you can feel like you had enough time to look around. J

So I would say that out of 5 I'll give the Red Fort a 4.2 lol maybe a 3.7 but I understand I am a traveler/foreigner. So, expecting cheap prices and for the city to not be so crowded is asking too much.

Of course I cannot forget...pictures!!! Check 'em out below!

Anyways, peace be with you all. 
































_________________________________________________________________________________

***CGinSL***

No comments:

Post a Comment