Wednesday 6 February 2013

Office time and Shopping Pressure ~~~(Day 7)


)I didn’t have time to talk about today but I’l briefly recap. I had to report to the FRRO because of my visa time here. I am really happy about being in India. There are so many colors, smells, foods, and experiences.  In the office, our Hindi professor G.G. explained the bureaucracies of the work office and how these skills are essential to maneuvering around the office to get you papers signed and going on your marry way. Things like repeatedly saying thank you and asking how someone is and simply smiling will get you a long way.

I like to think of my personality as quiet but sweet, kind, inquisitive, but only when absolutely necessary or to add humor. However, I am not an introvert neither an extrovert. I am just balanced and  in between. So while in the office,  I was pretty quiet and let my professor handle to details. I thank God that G.G. was there to help us.  

Afterward we returned for a late lunch and I went to Rajput Nagar to experience the market life. Let me make this clear to those who wish to shop in Rajput Nagar. IT IS A FIXED PRICE MARKET!!! ABSOLUTELY NO HAGGLING!!! Lol Do not come here looking for a cheaper than the usual deal. (There are exceptions –-Never say never.)

Also, ladies on the plus size side, do not let the shop owners pressure you into buying a kurta (shirt/top) that may seem close to your size because it most likely isn’t and will either not fit or fit to snug.When wearing Indian clothes, its best to wear clothing that isn’t baggy but at the same time isn’t too snug. 
Always try on your clothes!

Anyways, lesson learned J. I realize in life one must experience things in order for others to learn and know what to expect and since there are so many of us. We can help ourselves as well as future generations.

That’s it for today’s edition of colored girl in a strange land, Peace be with you all.

_________________________________________________________________________________***CGinSL***

No comments:

Post a Comment