Friday 1 February 2013

COW SPOTTING!!! (DAY 2)

 

Not much happened today but I finally saw cows! Lol In Hinduism, the cow is considered sacred. So cows are allowed to roam freely and do whatever they please. It is very common to see them untied, resting or walking along the streets of neighborhoods. (I've got pics!)


On another note, I will say that having protective style is wonderful helps your hair stays safe from environmental damage such as heat, smoke, etc.
Delhi is currently at what we would call a reasonable temperature of like 60 or 70 degrees but it can get                                                                                       


   



***Note: This is just Delhi winter so you can only imagine what summer is like. ***

I have long senegalese twists and will probably keep them in for the entire time that I am here. I am a  "transitioner" who went fully natural in the Spring of 2010. The specific dates are iffy because I never recorded the process with detail but I guess I would be turning 3 year natural this year  (2013). It measures right at or slightly below my bra strap and I can see the difference between having my hair relaxed and natural. 

My hair type requires that  try to retain as much moisture as I can in my hair. Therefore, I use braid spray and shea butter to upkeep my twists and co-wash my hair (with conditioner) about every week or two. I of course shampoo my hair but it depends on what my schedule allows and most importantly what my hair and scalp is feeling like.

Fashion wise, my dull fall colored American clothes fail in comparison to the beautiful Indian Salwar kameez's and sari's worn by the Indian women here. I definitely plan on going shopping but for now that is another topic. 


Keep the questions, comments and feedback coming and I will put a few cow pictures below :)




________________________________________________________________________________
***CGinSL***

No comments:

Post a Comment