Saturday 2 March 2013

(Days 26-31) Celebrate Good times!!!


This week has been pretty chill. I’ve been feeling a little under the weather and my shoulder has been hurting like crazy but I’ll be fine.

So what’s new you may ask?…March 1st officially marked our one month of being in India. We are official!!! J

Also, I think it’s okay to announce that I will be officially coming back to India in the summer to study more Hindi in Rajasthan :D. I am super excited and cannot wait.

 I finally can share pictures with you from Lodhi Garden, my classmate’s birthday dinner, and a mother and baby calf that were walking down the street the other day.

They were adorable and the baby calf accidentally bumped into someone’s motorcycle. Awww… (except if you are a motorcycle fanatic and are thinking poor motorcycle! Lol)

So there is a guy named Mickey… (I know you are probably saying ooooo) but it’s really not like that. His cousin tried talking to me but came off as annoying and got ignored  (I know…I know… I can be cold sometimes). Anyway, he and I talked about Indian culture and how he prefers western culture and we have had interesting conversations.







I took this picture at the garden because it
reminded me of Miami

We met up and chilled at Lodhi garden known for being "couple central".  But who wouldn't want to fall in love in this pretty park full of parrots, beautiful flowers? They have old tomb like buildings that have been completely ransacked and vandalized.  



We took pictures and just talked about our lives there. It was nice. Mickey and I met a Japanese couple that wanted to take a picture with us. They were really nice and we shared a few laughs.





After Lodhi garden, we went to my friend Sarah’s birthday dinner. We went to Route 4 restaurant and had a good time. Although US restaurants are more likely to bring out a cake and sing happy birthday to a person, India never caught that part of the celebration deal. 





Mickey was however able to get them to play Happy birthday during our dinner and put Happy birthday on the TV screen. Mission accomplished!!! During as well as afterwards, we took pictures and said our goodbyes.


It was a wonderful day.

Tomorrow we are taking an overnight train to Udaipur,Rajasthan so that should be another wonderful adventure. I’ll keep you posted!!! I might get to ride an elephant!!!! Yay me!!!

Peace be with you all.

_________________________________________________________________________________***CGinSL***

No comments:

Post a Comment