Tuesday 5 February 2013

Guess who??? Meet your new host family!!! (Day 6)


So today was the big day!!!! I finally met my host family and thank God for them. Katherine and I met them and they had more kids than expected J. They have both a granddaughter and grandson 5 and 3 1/2 respectively. My host mother’s sister in laws granddaughter is here as well. She is 13 or 14. Also, Nancy our host sister? cousin? idk?  is here and works in marketing and sales at an IT company. She’s pretty cool. I was extra nervous but overall they are nice people. There house is beautiful and it is literally next door to the program center. I hope the children end up liking me. They seemed distant so I was a little discouraged. I'd like to think I am a pretty nice person. And I love kids :)


Everything will be fine and the room and bathroom are way better than Karina. We have nothing to fear. I also hope I get to see more of Delhi and India. I also want to become fluent in Hindi.

Interestingly enough,  Our host mother does speak English. She’s not that bad.
The kids liked the gifts I brought although I need to find some crayons for the coloring book >.<.

I wore a pink kurta with black churidar and a black dupatta and gold earrings. I got a  lot of compliments. However, because of the sudden change in weather (raining and cold), I kind of withdrew and felt under the weather. Was a bit introverted but slowly came out of my shell. I realize I am not an introvert and I am not an extroverted. I guess I just have my moods. I did take pictures of the room and bathroom so I will post some pictures below.

Sometimes I wonder if certain people’s characters will change but I know God has a great plan for me and He will work all things out for His glory.

I cannot wait to check out the Lotus Temple, Jamma Masjid and the Taj Mahal. I’ll keep you posted!

_________________________________________________________________________________
***CGinSL***

No comments:

Post a Comment