Monday 11 March 2013

(Day 39) You can make friends anywhere


Good evening everyone! Or if you’re on the eastern part of the world Good morning J

So my day was simple and got to go for a walk in the park which was relaxing. I just wanted to write a post today because I had an interesting (or what I seem interesting) encounter.

So I went with my roommate because she and two other classmates were going to meet up in the park to play football (soccer). One of my classmates little cousins whom I will refer to as ‘lil mama’ (haha for a  little humor’s sake) met me and I spoke a little hindi to her.

She’s a friendly little girl so I was happy about that. She was playing with my friends along the way and then she eventually high fived me. One we sat at the park bench, she asked me “hmm..what is this?”, referring to my hair  as she gave my my pony tail  a flip to which I replied, “it’s my hair with extensions”. She simply said “oh ok!” as if she totally knew what I was talking about. She then put her fingers up to make an “Ay O—K!” gesture, showing that my hair was pretty. After that, she joked around some more asked me where I was from, if I knew how to speak Hindi and then a few minutes later, she patted my hair, smiled and gave the ‘Ay O---K!” gesture again.

I just really wanted to share this with you all because her innocence was so precious. I reflected on the times I’ve been stared at or overheard others snickering and thought to myself: If people could be less judgmental, friendly and accepting, just as lil mama had been, the world would be a better place.

So apart from being the highlight of my day, I made a friend. Leave a comment or post on your thoughts about this story, the blog in general, or whatever.

CginSL out! Peace be with you all.

_________________________________________________________________________________
***CGinSL***


No comments:

Post a Comment